Thursday, April 8, 2010

Museum of Contemporary Art at Chicago

Finally, I've visited one of the art museums in USA. I accidently went this place, instead of going to the Art Institute of Chicago, however, I learned a lot from the visit.
Especially, I was impressed by the works presented by Olafur Eliasson. Also many inspiration came from R. Buckminster Fuller, the guru of the design and architecture.

These words written on the walls by Mr. Fuller hit me.
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete."
"A designer is an emerging synthesis of artist, inventor, mechanic, objective economist and evolutionary strategist." Untill here: Written on June 29th, 2009.

This guru actually gave me the idea to design my restaurant. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment